Even more acronyms
= Click through Rate
- Useable as a success measure for your advertising campaign
- Assume 1000 impressions (displays)
- Assume you get 10 clicks
- CTR = 1000/10 = 1%
- Text advertising seams to have a better CTR then graphic banners. This might seem strange to you, but it's the reality. People object less to less intrusive advertising and are willing to click text if it is related to what you are searching for.
CR = Conversion Rate
- Number of Goals Achievement / Visits
- Typical goals are "download a whitepaper", "subscribe to the newsletter", "ask for a quote", "ask to be contacted", "buy",...
- Is the proportion of visitors to a website who take action going beyond a casual content view or website visit
CRO = Conversion Rate Optimization
- Creating an experience for a website or landing page visitor with the goal of increasing the CR
Once you know (by measuring) your conversion rate, you can work on improving it. Use the marketing tricks you can think of to improve the conversion rate, by implementing them on your website and certainly also on your landing page.