Duty to inform
General information duty
(dutch: Algemene informatieplicht)
Following data must be mentioned on the website:
- Identity business and geographical address (legal name, legal form (BVBA), address, registered headquarter, phone, email, company number,...)
- Foresee a link to the general conditions (dutch: algemene voorwaarden)
- Main characteristics of the product or service
- Delivery fee
- Available payment methods, payment delay, product and service delivery process
- Revocation right (or lack of revocation right)
- Return process, including the associated return costs
- Remote communication costs (0900 line, sms,...)
- Validity period offer or price
- Minimum service agreement period
Have a look at a Belgian webshop to check they follow the legislation.
Specific information duty
This "information duty" comes in action when a consumer actually executes a buy transaction, so it is "specific" to that transaction.
- Order confirmation
- Written, permanent carrier (so be careful it's not just a volatile pop-up on your website)
- Identity, Price, Delivery costs, payment method, delivery, execution of the agreement, revocation right, minimal duration agreement, description product/service, customer address, after sales service, warranty, contract termination
- The latest when delivering the goods, prior to service delivery
- Reflection period increased, even loose payment right!
Look at this example...